A two-match ban has been suggested for the cricketers Hardik Pandya and Lokesh Rahul for their alleged "sexist" comments during a talk show Koffee With Karan.
In an email conversation with a member of BCCI’s Committee of Administrators, Diana Eduljee, CoA chief Vinod Rai on Thursday suggested for a ban from two ODIs following a mass outrage over Pandya's remarks.
In a chat show hosted by Bollywood filmmaker Karan Johar, Pandya allegedly made misogynistic and sexist remarks, drawing backlashes. The incident prompted CoA to issue a show cause notice to the duo on Wednesday.
Responding to the notice, Pandya said he got carried away by the nature of the show and he didn’t no way mean to disrespect o hurt anyone’s sentiment.
However, Rai was not impressed with the all-rounder’s apology. The CoA chief said the remarks made by the two players in the show were “very crass”.
So far, Rahul has not yet responded to the criticism. Both players were given 24 hours to explain themselves by the BCCI.
Meanwhile, BCCI treasurer Anirudh Chaudhry said the apology from Pandya was insincere and suggested for a sensitization process with the entire team.
Pandya, who is currently with the Indian team, was called up in December after recovering from a back injury.